[Box Backup] Can Win32 client backup files from another machine?

Stuart Hickinbottom boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:18:11 +0100

I've not been following this thread too closely, so apologies if I'm
covering old ground.

If you've got Box Backup running as a Windows service then it will not
see any shares that you have created from your windows account since
shares are a per-account setting. That might account for the service
apparently being unable to read any files over the share.

A workaround is to configure the service to "run as" the account where
you set the share up, then when the service starts it logs on as that
user and thus has access to his shares.

Just an idea in case it helps...

Stuart