[Box Backup] Box Backup Hive?

W. Chris Shank boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:36:57 -0400 (EDT)

I think that box backup could be the ideal base for a backup hive system. A backup hive is kind of the reverse of bittorrent. instead of a bunch of peers used to download the same file, the peers would upload fragments of your encrypted, compressed, backup set. It seems to me that box has most of the components needed. I'm wondering what the developers think?

--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC

Security Note: To protect against computer viruses,
e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving
certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail
security settings to determine how attachments are
handled.