[Box Backup] locking files on Windows

Alex Howansky boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:14:55 -0500 (CDT)

I'm running Chris' latest 0.10 version on a Win2K3 server. Every morning, as my
users log in (via Terminal Services) to start the multi-user application that's
hosted there, they get an error from the app that says it's already in single
user mode. To address this, I need to stop the bbackupd service. The users are
then able to login, and then I restart the service. Is it possible that
bbackupd is not releasing a lock on the data file which this app uses? Or am I
just unlucky in that it just happens to be backing up that file at the same
time every day?

Alex Howansky
Wankwood Associates
http://wankwood.com/