[Box Backup] Following Symbolic Links

Stefan Norlin boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:24:53 +0200

> I don't think I would. Users should do things correctly or not at
> all. I do think the option of logging when there are symlinks
> pointing outside the store might be useful, so I'd be happy to add
> that. But then, do people look at their logs enough?

A couple of times when we have tried to restore a backup in order
to verify it is usable we have come across this "problem".

Therefore I think a logging option would be very useful. Then it would
also be possible to monitor the log files for such warnings.

Maybe it could also be an option when using the "compare" command
with bbackupquery?

Regards,
Stefan