[Box Backup] Box Backup server eating all the CPU

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:05:47 +0100

On 20 Jun 2006, at 23:13, o omida parasita wrote:

> Hello,
> I have the latest version of BoxBackup server on CentOS 4.3
> I have only 3 backup accounts setup, each backup account using 40GB of
> space and a lot of files. All of them are working in the lazy mode.
> When I start /usr/local/bin/bbstored, it starts 2 processes,

server + housekeeping

> later I
> see that there are 4 processes running.

server + housekeeping + 2 connections ?

> And one of them all the time
> is eating 80-90% of the CPU.

housekeeping ?

> Could you please tell me what is the problem here? How can I debug it?

Check the logs for when housekeeping starts and stops, it can be
quite a processor intensive operation. Check the web site for info on
enabling full logging.

Ben