[Box Backup] Storing file sizes server-side as meta data

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:15:43 +0100

Stefan Norlin <stefan.norlin@infoflexconnect.se> wrote:
> I was wondering whether it would be possible to store the
> original file sizes server-side in order to be able to see this
> information when browsing the store and possibly to calculate
> the amount of space required to restore files/directories?

I think this is already stored in the directory entries. If not then I
would think it could be added. Only the client can see it, but that's
what you want anyway. You just need a feature in bbackupquery that
retrieves the directory and adds it up for you.

Cheers,

Martin.