[Box Backup] Could do with some advice on getting Boxbackup compiled ....

boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:49:08 +0000

Thanks MArtin.

Just one question .....  Will the executables that are finally produced (i.e.
bbstored,bbbackupd, etc) run correctly without /opt/openssl-0.9.8a/lib being globally
defined to be before the stock openssl.  In other words it is a requirement for me
that the rest of the system functions as though Boxbackup did not exist using the
stock installation of openssl and that boxbackup runs independantly using its very
own version of OnenSSL (I guess that the path can be locally defined in the startup
procedure)

If I recall correctly, this was the reason that the last installation using BB0.09
was linked statically

Regards,

Dave