[Box Backup] BoxBackup Win32 Client How-To?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:46:49 +0000

On 17 Mar 2006, at 16:07, Per Thomsen wrote:

> On 3/17/06 6:09 AM, W. Chris Shank wrote:
>> How do you get the certs created on Windows then?
>>
> At present certs can not be generated on Windows. Generate on your
> favorite unix-like, and use them on Windows.

I haven't tried this, but if you had a cygwin installation with perl
and openssl installed, then surely you can just use bbackupd-config
and bbstored-certs? Obviously you'll need to alter the config files
they write, but they will generate the certs.

A nice little project for someone is to rewrite the -config utilities
in C++, to be portable to Windows.

Ben