Port tarball updated (Re: [Box Backup] Call for testers: FreeBSD port)

Manfred W boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:52:56 +0100

I have successfully installed the port
(http://www.netinertia.co.uk/boxbackup.tgz, 2006-03-18) on FreeBSD 6.0.

But there are some questions left:

1. nothing is logged by boxbackup.

I am unable to find any logging info regarding box operations (not in
/var/log/messages) I tried the modifications to syslogd.conf but no
avail, the logfiles are staying empty.

2. where are the bdb files located, how can i verify that the bdb is
used by bbackupd (the make output shows YES)

3. I believe the 0.10 version includes the traffic accounting path for
bbstored. How can I use this feature?

4. The port asked if i want to build the testcases, wich i did. Where do
i find them an how do i run them? The non port version reported failed
testcases for bbstored, is this fixed or can these error be ignored.

Thanks a lot
Manfred