[Box Backup] 0.10 on Windows?

Paul Nash boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:34:31 -0500

Starting to make some headway on this:

After RT'ing FM, I've got the VC++ build working *BUT* I've hit a generic
VC++ problem.  The .DS_Store files that my Mac leaves on my Windows box
have file creation times set way in the past (sometime in 1899; probably
time_t(-1)), and _wfindnext() in emu.cpp generates an assertion error.

I don't care when the file was created, just so long as it stays
consistent.  Does anyone know hhow to turn off assertions?  I've tried
linking to a non-debug library in project->commonproperties; I've tried
setting _CrtSetReportMode to 0.  I still get assert errors.

I'm sure that the nice people at Micro$oft are doing me a favour by
preventing my program from running whenever there's a file that's way, way
old.  However, I'd refer it if they'd just get out of the damn way.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT HOW TO IGNORE/DISABLE RUNTIME ASSERT
ERRORS IN VC++?  It has to be do-able, right?

Any help most gratefully appreciated.

	paul