[Box Backup] config question

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 1 May 2006 22:05:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Wendell,

>   Managed to straighten out my key issue from previous posting.

What was causing it? Those key errors were weird, I've never seen anything
like that.

>   When I instruct the backup to begin, the bbackupd daemon is logging a
> shedload of messages into /var/log/message about files
> and directories that are being backed up (presumably)....
>
>   question is: where to?  My /etc/box/bbackup.conf has the parm:
>
> DataDirectory = /mnt/backup/wendell
>
>   specified.  Does this not mean to backup the files/directories to
> this as a target directory?  If so, why am I not seeing the target
> structure being assembled.  I let it run for 15 mins or so...

No, the data directory is for client state. The location where your
backups are stored is controlled by bbstored, and specified in
raidfile.conf. The names are encrypted, so you won't recognise your
directory and file structure in there, but the amount of data should be
similar, and should match what "bbstoreaccounts" tells you.