[Box Backup] bbackupquery strange issue

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 10 May 2006 12:31:25 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

> I installed the client from the parcel that was compiled on the server
> box with CentOS 4.3.

That's probably the problem. There are two different ways to get
information about a file or directory. Box Backup picks one depending on
whether it works or not on the machine where it was compiled. That way
might or might not work on another machine. I guess that it does work on
CentOS, and not on Fedora, which caused your CentOS build to fail on
Fedora.

Ben, perhaps if we detect HAVE_VALID_DIRENT_D_TYPE and compile with it
enabled, then we should add a check that d_type is correct for the "." and
".." directories, and maybe for a known file as well? Or else just use
stat() on all platforms?