[Box Backup] How to regenerate certificate and what's the status of Boxi

Roy boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 17 May 2006 17:54:00 +0200

Hi all,

After a while I'm again testing the 0.10 server & client and the latest
MinGW Windows version from Chris. But I'v got a couple of questions
about the certificates.

If you lose your certificates, but still have your
<account_id>-FileEncKeys.raw file. How can you regenerate your
certificates for the client? If you can do that, I suppose you can only
do that on linux at the moment?

And what do you need from the server? Which certificates and how can you
regenerate the others?
Or do you have to completely backup the CA?

And a question to Chris; what's the current status of the rewrite of
Boxi? Or didn't you have the time to work on it in Ghana yet?

Thanks in advance,

Roy