[Box Backup] Boxbackup Wiki abuse?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 26 May 2006 14:41:07 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Wolfgang,

> I just made a minor update on the following Wiki Page
> http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Checking_the_storage_space_used_on_the_server#On_the_server
> and found the following text containing hundreds of links at the bottom
> of the edit box. If you look at the html-source these hidden links seem
> to be on every page in the wiki...

Yes, I've seen it too, I think we all have. The question is what we can do
about it, without closing our wiki to new registrations, which makes it
much less useful.

I haven't hacked mediawiki but perhaps we can make it request a password
from new users, that they can get from our website or from the mailing
list?

Otherwise we could just live with it, since it doesn't actually damage our
content. Like spam, it may be a fact of life in open communities.