[Box Backup] BoxBackup services?

Felix E. Klee boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 28 May 2006 18:13:36 +0200

At Sun, 28 May 2006 01:29:17 +0000 (GMT),
Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Is there any provider that offers access to a backup server which
> > runs BoxBackup?
>
> I would gladly do so. Please contact me off-list to discuss your
> needs.

Well, there's a crux that I didn't mention: The files that I want to
backup are part of an overlay file system.  This means: some files are
private, others are shared (virtual server infrastructure):

  http://www.escapebox.net/modus.html

Naturally, I only want to backup the private files (ca. 50MB compared to
2GB, fluctuating).  The problem is that, due to technical reasons, it's
not possible to mount all shared files into their own partition.
There's a little tool, though, called "ismine" that tells one if a file
is private file or a shared file.

Is it possible to have "boxbackup" use "ismine" to determine whether a
file should be backed up or not?

--
Felix E. Klee