[Box Backup] Need to reload bbackupd conf to avoid timeouts?

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 02 Nov 2006 11:51:37 +0100

Hello.

I'm running box 0.10 client on a OS X machine and the 0.10 store on a debian machine.
I'm, backing up more than 1TB of data. bbackupd will complete if run for the first time since a
reload of the .conf file. If the .conf is not reloaded prior to every backup run, it wil fail with
the error below. If I use the StoreObjectInfoFile feature and reload the .conf prior to every run,
the backup still fails with the error below.

The error:
Exception caught (Connection Protocol_Timeout (Probably a network issue
between client and server.) 7/41), reset state and waiting to retry...

The conjobs that avoids the errors:
20 10 * * * /usr/local/bin/bbackupctl -c /etc/box_minimoni/bbackupd.conf reload
25 10 * * * /usr/local/bin/bbackupctl -c /etc/box_minimoni/bbackupd.conf sync

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tobias