[Box Backup] Start on boot on Mac OSX

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:44:09 +0000

On 20 Nov 2006, at 21:01, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've manged to get bbackupd running on my Mac. I was wondering:
> what is the best way to start bbackupd on boot?

Use launchd -- works well. An example plist file below. I have it in
~/Library/LaunchAgents to start it when I log in. Modify accordingly
to work as a boot launch item.

Note the SINGLEPROCESS argument. This allows launchd to manage it
properly, since such processes should not fork and daemonise.

Ben

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://
www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Label</key>
	<string>uk.co.fluffy.BoxBackup</string>
	<key>OnDemand</key>
	<false/>
	<key>ProgramArguments</key>
	<array>
		<string>/Users/ben/boxbackup/bin/bbackupd</string>
		<string>/Users/ben/boxbackup/config/bbackupd.conf</string>
		<string>SINGLEPROCESS</string>
	</array>
</dict>
</plist>