[Box Backup] Generating private key, certificate request on Windows, bbackupd-config

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:10:53 +0100 (BST)

Hi Pete and all,

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, E.W. Peter Jalajas wrote:

> Under Configuration/Basic, I get the error msg:
> "The certificate doesn't match the account number.  The common name  of
> the certificate should be 'BACKUP-268443703', but is actually
> 'BACKUP-1002037'.

OK, so it looks like the account number in the certificate is encoded in
hex, but without leading zeroes. Can anyone confirm this?

> FEATURE REQUEST:  I wish I could swipe and copy the error message (or
> that it had a unique short number).

I wish so too, but unfortunately this is a feature of the standard message
dialog under Windows. I think I will add the ability to copy errors from
the list box at some point. Added to TODO list.

> I ran the backup anyway, and it said it completed succesfully (Summary:
> Backup finished.  Current action:  Idle (Nothing to do).  Errors:
> Backup finished (and a note about my old redundant backup locations).
> Under Statistics (cool feature!), Files Total 0, Bytes 0 (Null).
> BackupLocations:
> BackupLocations
> {
> 	DocsSettings
> 	{
> 		Path = C:\Documents and Settings
> 		ExcludeDirsRegex = .*
> 		ExcludeFilesRegex = .*
> 		AlwaysIncludeFile = boxitest.txt
> 	}
> }

I guess that boxitest.txt was not backed up? Will add a unit test for this
kind of configuration.