[Box Backup] Strange Request

Scott boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:12:42 +1000

Yes I run a similar backup between 2 Untrusted servers.

However. This does not suit the current situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk] On
Behalf Of Stefan Norlin
Sent: Friday, 29 September 2006 4:16 PM
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Box Backup] Strange Request

> ie. (WINDOZE LAN) -> (LOCAL TRUSTED SERVER) ---> (UNTRUSTED OFFSITE STORE)

Do you mean that the UNTRUSTED STORE is a backup of a box backup
store on the TRUSTED SERVER?

If yes, then you can rsync TRUSTED -> UNTRUSTED once a day.

We have a box store (around 150 GB) to which 20 different clients connect
during
a nightly backup window and then during the day we rsync the thing (changes)

on
to a remote server. In the end we have two identical box backup
installations with
the same data and if the primary "disappears" we can simply replace it with
the
secondary.

Regards,
Stefan