[Box Backup] Boxi + bbackup problem

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:47:20 +0100 (BST)

Hi Simon,

> Actually, the version of Box Backup that you're using is the one that
> comes with Boxi 0.0.7, right? That version is a bit funny, it has a lot
> of tweaks to make it work with Boxi. Probably the problem here is that
> it's a Cygwin application, so the Data Directory must be a Cygwin path
> (e.g. /tmp) instead of a Windows path.

Hmm, I'm confused. You said you're using the latest snapshot of Boxi (the
Windows binary 060925?) but you had problems with installing Box Backup?
Did you mean on Windows, or on the server? When you ran bbackupquery, did
you run it on Windows or on the server?

By the way, this version of Boxi is highly experimental, so don't expect
too much from it. I know full well that it has bugs on Windows, probably
lots of them. And the last release, 0.0.7 is so outdated as to be
basically useless. So don't expect to use Boxi for serious work yet. It's
just not finished. Not even close.