[Box Backup] Configuration - Exclude folder except certain folder/file inside?

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:01:56 +0100

On 6 Oct 2006, at 07:55, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I want to backup only user_name/Library/Mail (a folder) and
> user_name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist (a file) from
> the Library folder in my users home dirs (OS X). Nothing from
> user_name/Library is being backed up with the configuration shown
> below.
>
> All the ExcludeDirsRegex work as expected. The
> AlwaysIncludeDirsRegex and AlwaysIncludeFilesRegex seems to be
> ignored.
>
> Any ideas?

This line

>  ExcludeDirsRegex = /Volumes/noriB1/opendir/homes/.*/Library

stops user_name/Library being scanned, so it never even considers
user_name/Library/Mail as a candidate for backing up.

So, you have to go down one level. Remove that line, then use

ExcludeFilesRegex = /Volumes/noriB1/opendir/homes/.*/Library/.*
ExcludeDirsRegex = /Volumes/noriB1/opendir/homes/.*/Library/.*
AlwaysIncludeDirsRegex = Volumes/noriB1/opendir/homes/.*/Library/Mail

and extend to get the Preferences file too.

Ben