[Box Backup] Boxi + bbackup problem

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:25:02 +0100 (BST)

Hi Michael,

(copying boxbackup-users list, since others may be interested, including
Simon Lundstrom)

> cool stuff it works for me fine. Any Idea what it is/was ???

Boxi (and Box Backup) wanted to write a file to record mount points. This
is useless on Win32 because we don't have BDB support, so the database is
kept in memory, but it was trying to check the existence of the file
anyway.

For some strange reason, it was not adding the DataDirectory path to the
beginning of the path of this file. I really don't understand why yet,
because I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. The data points that
I have are:

Works for me on Win2k SP4
Works for me on WinXP SP2
Works for you on WinXP SP2
Doesn't work for Simon Lundstrom on WinXP SP2
Doesn't work for you on Windows Server 2003

Please could you send me your bbackupd.conf files from your Windows
XP and Windows 2003 boxes?

> Is it possible to start the binary automatically (without gui) and fire
> on the backupprocess .... that means I want to push the Backupprocess
> only during the night. Maybe a nice feature to allow the Backupdaemon to
> sync from 20.00 in the evening to  6.00 in the morning ?

Not yet. I'm thinking about adding such a feature, but not sure yet
whether to integrate it fully into Boxi, or to install Box Backup as a
service and configure it to run at those times.

Cheers, Chris.

--