[Box Backup] Windows service starts and immediately stops.

David Anderson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:06:20 +0100

Thanks. That now told me which file was the problem.

It was the pid file. I created the bbackupd directory using mkdir from Cygwin,
but apparently it didn't have sufficient permissions for the service. (For
whatever reason it had sufficient permissions for running directly from
cmd.exe).

Maybe a good idea to add a note to the wiki? Although now that the error is
there in the event log, it'll be easier for people to fix.

Thanks again for the quick and helpful response.

David