[Box Backup] Restore Symlinks

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:15:49 +0000

Andreas Schrafl <andy@jetnet.ch> wrote:
> One symlink even crashed the bbackupquery session repeatedly and so I
> had to restore everything surrounding this directory separately.
> I tried to fix it on the server (checking the account and fixing it)
> but there were no errors so nothing to fix.

Perhaps you could try running the processes in debug mode and get more
log from them.

I have restored backups including symlinks on several occasions and
not seen it fail yet. eg. I back up /etc and have restored that ok -
there's lots of symlinks in there.

> PS: are there any special things to look out for when updating a server
> from 0.09 to 0.10?

The clients and servers need to be upgraded together, they are not
cross compatible. The store format has not changed, so you can upgrade
from 0.09 to 0.10 on the server then go back again if you need to.

Cheers,

Martin.