[Box Backup] Generating private key, certificate request on Windows, bbackupd-config

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:48:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi Pete and all,

>> Boxi has a GUI wizard for generating certificates in the new version,
>> that links directly to the relevant OpenSSL code, so it doesn't require
>> any Unix shell or openssl.exe.
>>
>> I haven't compiled it on Windows yet, but it's one of my next
>> priorities, and I intend to give you a pre-pre-prerelease for testing
>> as soon as I have done so, which I hope will be in the next two weeks.
>
> Great to hear about boxi!  I can't wait to test it.

The pre-pre-release is available at:

 	[http://gcc.flexdns.net/boxi-win32-bin-060925.zip]

This is a very early work in progress. It's a Windows-only binary, built
using MinGW from the current Subversion sources. I know that it has plenty
of bugs. I'm still finding bugs with my unit tests, so bug reports are
probably not useful right now. On the other hand, feature suggestions,
questions and ideas are very welcome. I hope to have an improved version
available within a few weeks.