[Box Backup] Windows client on different drive

Dave Bamford boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 06 Apr 2007 11:04:57 +0100

I just noticed this strange behavior when changing servers, I was monitoring
the log file on the new server and editing the bbackupd.conf file on the
client.
After running bbstoreaccounts check xxx fix on the store I used bbackupquery
on the client to check the store.
On the client windows (2003 server) is installed on the F drive, but I
put a copy
of the bbackupd.conf file on the C drive. After editing the copy on the
C drive
bbackupquery queried the correct server, but starting the client did not
go to
this server. It was only after editing the conf file on the F drive that
the client
worked correctly.
ie bbackupquery always looks at the C drive but bbackupd looks at the
install
drive.
Just something to be aware of.

Dave Bamford