[Box Backup] bbackupquery compare reports unexplainable errors

Bernd Zimmermann boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:57:21 +0200

--------------080600030400050703030604

Hello all,

my box backup (bbackupd and bbsotored) is running on a CentOS 4.4 machine.
I have set it up using the generated config file for 'snapshot'.
bbackupctl sync is scheduled by crontab to run every 3 hours.

During the past easter holiday there was no load on the machine and
so I tried a "bbackupquery compare -a" to verify the backup.

The result were some error messages like:

    Local file '//home/ablage/alex/Rechner_Drucker_IP.xls/Rechner_Drucker_IP.xls
    has different contents to store file
    '/codd/home/ablage/alex/Rechner_Drucker_IP.xls'.

    Local file '//var/lib/rpm/__db.001/__db.001' has different contents to store
    file '/codd/var/lib/rpm/__db.001'.
    Local file '//var/lib/rpm/__db.002/__db.002' has different contents to store
    file '/codd/var/lib/rpm/__db.002'.
    Local file '//var/lib/rpm/__db.003/__db.003' has different contents to store
    file '/codd/var/lib/rpm/__db.003'.

I restored the .xls file to a temporary place and indeed a 'cmp' on it
confirmed that its content is different to the original file. Size and
timestamp are equal.

The files were not changed between the setup of 'box backup' and the moment
when I run the compare.

What might be wrong here?

Shall I touch these files?

How can I force to get a valid backup of these files?

Thanks,
Bernd

--------------080600030400050703030604

begin:vcard
fn:Bernd Zimmermann
n:Zimmermann;Bernd
org:it-consulting
adr:;;Alter Postweg 104 D;Seevetal - Horst;Lower Saxony;21220;Germany
email;internet:bernd@zedv.de
title:senior consultant
tel;work:+49 (4105) 668 033
tel;fax:+49 (12120) 274 964