[Box Backup] Failed to setup location

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:12:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Chris,

I hope you had a nice vacation in Mexico.

We finally got a chance to test 1781 and below is what we see in eventvwr.msc.

(Again, J:\ is a mapped drive to a share on another box across the LAN.)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Pete

Failed to open file 'D:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd\bbackupd.dat': The system cannot find
the file specified. (2)

Starting daemon, version chris_general_1781, config: D:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd.conf

Failed to open file 'D:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd\bbackupd.dat': The system cannot find
the file specified. (2)

Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at FileStream.cpp(49)

Internal error reading store object info file: D:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd\bbackupd.dat:
Common OSFileOpenError (Can't open a file -- attempted to load a non-existant config file or bad
file referenced within?)

Store object info file is missing, not accessible, or inconsistent. Will re-cache from store.
(D:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd\bbackupd.dat)

Beginning scan of local files

... (login succeeds)

Failed to stat location: J:\04CommonFiles: No such file or directory

Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileError) at BackupDaemon.cpp(1703)

I opened up Windows Explorer and pasted J:\04CommonFiles into the address bar and that directory
opened up fine.

Chris Wilson <chris@qwirx.com> wrote:

    Please could you also try the latest release, 1781? It probably won't fix
    the problem but it does include much more debugging information in this
    case, which should help me to track down the problem.