[Box Backup] Fwd: var not being fully backed up

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:50:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Nick,

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, [NICK] wrote:

> I've left the extended logging overnight (am running lazy backups, so
> thought lots of logging was best.)
>
> grep'ing for directory paths doesn't work

I will add some code to Box tonight to help you debug this. What OS are
you using?

> Jan  6 23:39:34 bbackupd[11632]: Exception caught (Common OSFileError
> (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.) 1/9), reset state and
> waiting to retry...
>
> but (a) I don't know what file the error in question refers to, and (b)
> I'm running box as root (from /etc/init.d) so I can't image why file
> permission could be a problem.

You could also try running my merge tree instead of Box Backup 0.10. I
think I fixed all cases where "Common OSFileError" could be thrown without
reporting the file name that caused the error. Those fixes should be in
the next release.