Client connects far too often (Was: Re: [Box Backup] Windows service starts and immediately stops.)

David Anderson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:24:07 +0000

On Monday 22 January 2007 15:12, Ben Summers wrote:

> > It's configured for every hour - in practice it goes about every 2
> > minutes.
>
> Every 100 seconds... which is the error period. Check the logs on the
> client to see what the problem is.

Ah.... Sorry.

Are there any plans for future versions to (at least be able to) send
their errors to the server? It's much more efficient when you have
several boxes to just read a centralised log on the server than log
into diverse client systems.

(I realise I could set up centralised logging systems using other
means... but a "poor man's version" would be nice. I don't want to open
up more firewall ports for syslog servers, etc.).

David