[Box Backup] OT: Server colocation

James O'Gorman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:27:38 +0100

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 11:16:16PM +0100, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
>  On 7/13/07, James O'Gorman <james@netinertia.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My colo provider have this evening announced they have been taken over
> > by another company which will mean servers being moved from London
> > Docklands to Maidenhead.
>
>  Who's that then?

Black Cat Networks. I would post a link to the email but the archives
are subscribers only.

> > So, does anyone have any recomendations/experience with other colo
> > providers in London?
>
>  Several - depends on what you want - I've used several in the past, am
>  using one n particular at the moment, and have some other contacts
>  too.  How much are you paying?  What's the bandwidth cost?  How much
>  power do you need?

I was originally paying £50/month with BCN for a 1U box, 100GB transfer
(50p for each GB used over that), up to 0.5A, serial console, remote
power cycle, as my IPv4 addresses as one can justify and an IPv6 /64.

They bumped their prices up to £75/month sometime last year due to
RedBus doing so.

Something similar would be nice :-)

James