[Box Backup] Exception: Connection Protocol_ObjTooBig (7/42) ?

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:21:08 +0200

Hello Chris.

I have tested backing up a 2GB+ file with a 0.10 store on OS X and your version 1694 of bbackupd on
a Red Hat system.

Unfortunately the results were not good. Maybe you can shed light on the problem?

Please see the results of my tests below:

Restore of a 2GB+ file:

--------------------------------------
query > ls
00001033 -d---- .kde
0000103d f----- .gtkrc
0000103e f----- .bash_history
0000103f f----- .bash_logout
00001040 f----- .canna
00001041 f----- .bashrc
00001042 f----- .emacs
00001043 f----- .bash_profile
00001044 f----- .zshrc
00001059 f----- Unit.zip
query > get -i 00001059 unit.restore.zip
Failed to fetch file: Connection TLSReadFailed (Probably a network issue between client and server,
or a problem with the server.)
query > ls
Exception: Connection TLSReadFailed (Probably a network issue between client and server, or a
problem with the server.) (7/34)
--------------------------------------
query > get Unit.zip unit.restore.zip
Failed to fetch file: Connection TLSReadFailed (Probably a network issue between client and server,
or a problem with the server.)
query > ls
Exception: Connection TLSReadFailed (Probably a network issue between client and server, or a
problem with the server.) (7/34)
--------------------------------------
query > getobject 00001059 unit.restore.zip
Object ID 00001059 fetched successfully.
query > exit
Logging off...
Session finished.
--------------------------------------

Now, I'll check the original file and the restored file:
md5sum unit.restore.zip -> 2ca0ec94494efff9f6063667f86a3434
md5sum Unit.zip -> 15626af50a3785d3cbe632b4623731a4

I'll also check the size of the files:
unit.restore.zip -> 2190251829
Unit.zip -> 2196637554

I'll try to unzip the restored file:
unzip unit.restore.zip
Archive:  unit.restore.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of unit.restore.zip or
        unit.restore.zip.zip, and cannot find unit.restore.zip.ZIP, period.

Thank you,
Tobias