[Box Backup] Exception: Connection Protocol_ObjTooBig (7/42) ?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:45:59 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tobias,

> I have tested backing up a 2GB+ file with a 0.10 store on OS X and your
> version 1694 of bbackupd on a Red Hat system.
>
> Unfortunately the results were not good. Maybe you can shed light on the
> problem?

Sorry, it looks like I was wrong that you could use an unmodified server.
Patch 1586 affects the server sending back the contents of files over 2GB
compressed. Without this patch, you will almost certainly get data
corruption when restoring such files.

Please could you try running 1694 (or later) for both client and server,
preferably both on the Red Hat system, as it's easiest for me to reproduce
any problems on this system rather than OSX (which I don't have). Please
could you try backing up, comparing and restoring your large file with
this combination?