[Box Backup] restore file >2GB

Matthias Rieber boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:25:07 +0200

Hello Chris,

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Matthias Rieber wrote:
>
>> I try to restore a file with 3.5GB. I'm using bboxbackup server
>> version 0.10 and the client version chris_merge_1701. During the
>> restore process I got the following error message:
>>
>> Unknown error during restore.
>> Logging off...
>> Exception: Connection TLSReadFailed (7/34)
>
> Unfortunately the server requires a patch as well to support files over
> 2GB compressed, otherwise you will get errors like this.

it seems to work. But I discovered another strange thing. It seems that
only one bbackupquery process can connect to the server. When I start
another it stops at Connecting to store... and nothing happens. I start
bbstored with the deamontools with the command

exec /usr/local/bin/bbstored /etc/box/bbstored.conf SINGLEPROCESS

Is it possible to use the 0.10 client with your server?

matthias