[Box Backup] I have the fear....

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:44:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ben,

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Ben Bennett wrote:

> But when I checked into /etc/genkernel.conf in detail I saw that there
> were two versions in the backup repository, the newer one had a date
> shortly after the source file modify time (so it spotted the change),
> but the contents of both versions were identical, so something got
> messed up.

How recently was it modified? Possibly Box Backup isn't running any more,
or is configured not to back up files for a long time after they change?
Please post your bbackupd.conf file.

> Are either the bad messages, or the messed up backups known problems?

The bad messages are, but broken backups most definitely are not.

> Is there a fix?  Is there any additional information that I can provide
> that would help debug this?

I'd be happy to try to help you fix this. First let's see your config,
stat /etc/genkernel.conf and list both versions of /etc/genkernel.conf on
the server using bbackupquery.