[Box Backup] I have the fear....

Wolfgang Trexler boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:52:51 +0100

Chris Wilson schrieb:
> I think I have been able to reproduce this bug.
>
> The problem is that both ._cfg0000_host.conf and host.conf had exactly
> the same modification time before the update tool ran, and host.conf had
> the same modification time afterwards. Because the modification time of
> host.conf did not change between backup runs, Box Backup assumed that
> the file had not changed, and skipped it.

For all my Image files (JPG files from Digicam) I run the utility "jhead
-ft" (Sets the file's system time stamp to what is stored in the Exif
header.) after I changed an image (for example for red-eye reduction) to
make sure that the timestamp of the file is still the date/time of the
creation of the picture.

I suppose that this is a common scenario for image files, and think that
boxbackup will completely miss the changes of this files, right?

br
Wolfgang