[Box Backup] Error (4/11) with 4GB Files

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:03:08 +0000

On 19 Mar 2007, at 11:57, Bernd Zimmermann wrote:

> Ben,
> thank you for this fast response. Please find my answer below.
>
> Ben Summers wrote:
>> On 19 Mar 2007, at 08:14, Bernd Zimmermann wrote:
>>> I want to backup my DB archive files. Each night a new ARCHIVE is
>>> created
>>> and renamed to become the youngest generation as ARCHIVE+ - the
>>> older ones
>>> are renamed to ARCHIVE++ and ARCHIVE+++ respectively. The oldest
>>> is removed.
>>>
>>> Bbackupquery  list -ts reports one set of these files having been
>>> stored
>>> days ago. But no newer one was backed up since then. In the log
>>> I could find messages like this:
>>>
>>> Mar 19 01:28:40 dlb5 bbackupd[24330]: Backup object failed, error
>>> when reading //home/bak/ARCHIVE+
>>> Mar 19 01:28:40 dlb5 bbackupd[24330]: Error code when uploading
>>> was (4/11), BackupStore BadBackupStoreFile
>>>
>>> When I copy one of these files to a arbitrary name, it gets
>>> backed up.
>>>
>>> When I run a "bbackquery -qa compare" I get these ERRORs:
>>>
>>> ERROR: (4/11) during file fetch and comparsion for '/dlb5/home/
>>> bak/ARCHIVE+'
>>> ERROR: (7/42) during file fetch and comparsion for '/dlb5/home/
>>> bak/ARCHIVE++'
>>> ERROR: (7/42) during file fetch and comparsion for '/dlb5/home/
>>> bak/ARCHIVE+++'
>>>
>>> The bbackupd is running on a SuSE Linux 9.0 here.
>> Which version of Box Backup are you using?
>
> The version is 010
>
>> Please post your config file. What happens if you delete the file
>> referenced by the StoreObjectInfoFile directive while bbackupd is
>> not running? What happens if you comment the directive out?
>
> The config file is attached.
> There is no StoreObjectInfoFile, I have not activated this Option -
> should I?

No.

Stop bbackupd, delete the contents of /var/lib/box, and see what
happens. Some versions of Berkeley DB corrupt the db files occasionally.

Ben