[Box Backup] Parse Logfiles

Torsten Boob boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:53:32 +0100

Hello,

i had the following error:

Exception caught (Connection Protocol_UnexpectedReply (Server probably
reported an error.) 7/47), reset state and waiting to retry...

The error occurred because one backup location in bbackupd.conf was listed twice.

My main problem is the following. The boxbackup server did not tell me an error but a successfully login and logout of the client. NotifySysAdmin.sh on the client was not called, too. So i have to look at the logfiles frequently to not overlook an error.

How can i reliable get a notification when an error occurs ? Did anybody write a program to filter the logfile ? Is it possible to configure boxbackup, to call NotifySysAdmin.sh on every error ? That would be the best solution for me.

Other ideas ?

Thank you
  Torsten