[Box Backup] Symlink error in bbackupd?

Hans-Joachim Baader boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:53:56 +0100

--f5QefDQHtn8hx44O

Hi,

> >Assume the data should be restored in /var/back, so obviously
> >root/a/dir/file in the backup should be written to /var/back/root/a/=20
> >dir/file and under no circumstances outside /var/back.
>=20
> Box Backup is working as designed. Backup utilities should not =20
> rewrite any data. If you backup a symlink, you should get it back =20
> exactly when you restore.

OK...

> Remember, you have the option of using relative symlinks on your =20
> disc, and Box Backup does not follow symlinks when backing up or =20
> restoring.

It looks to me as if Box Backup actually followed the symlink
(perhaps only in the restore command). Could you please check that?
When looking with bbackupquery it looks normal. The symlink looks
like a file and "get" rerieves exactly the symlink. But perhaps
"restore" gets confused.

Thanks,
hjb
--=20
Pro-Linux - Germany's largest volunteer Linux support site
http://www.pro-linux.de/          Public Key ID 0x3DDBDDEA

--f5QefDQHtn8hx44O

--f5QefDQHtn8hx44O--