[Box Backup] Failing tests

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:45:05 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Guno,

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Guno Heitman wrote:

> Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Did you run the tests on a machine with a running bbstored? You ccan't
> > do that, you have to kill bbstored first.
>
> Thought I did, but I guess not. Re-ran the test, and things look better
> now. Except for the segmentation fault :-(

Thank you for testing. I would really appreciate your help in debugging
this.

Does the test reproducibly segfault in the same place? Could you try
running it under GDB (with the ./t-gdb script in debug/test/bbackupd) to
pinpoint the location of the segmentation fault? If you need help using
gdb, please ask.

The test failure immediately before it is interesting, it reminds me of
the problem Matt Brown reported and which we haven't fixed yet. Is there
any way that you could give me remote access by SSH to a system where this
test fails, for debugging?