[Box Backup] Failing tests

Guno Heitman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:48:46 +0100

Hi Chris,

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Does the test reproducibly segfault in the same place? Could you try
> running it under GDB (with the ./t-gdb script in debug/test/bbackupd) to
> pinpoint the location of the segmentation fault? If you need help using
> gdb, please ask.

Timers::Cleanup () at
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/bits/stl_vector.h:752
752             this->_M_impl._M_finish = this->_M_impl._M_start;

Happens every time, on two different machines.

> The test failure immediately before it is interesting, it reminds me of
> the problem Matt Brown reported and which we haven't fixed yet. Is there
> any way that you could give me remote access by SSH to a system where this
> test fails, for debugging?

I'm sorry, can't do that.
However, since it happens on two distinct machines (both running on
slackware 12, one of which is almost unmodified after the OS was
installed), chances are that a clean install of slackware 12.0 is enough
to reproduce the failing tests (and the segfault). In case you have an
unused machine lying around somewhere, you could try installing
slackware and see if you can reproduce the problem.

And if there are any other tests that I can perform for you, I'd be
happy to.

regards,

Guno