[Box Backup] Re: Help installing client on Mac OS X (Chris Wilson)

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 12:19:58 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:

>> A question comes up with these pre-built Mac and Windows packages.
>> That is, since we end-users are not building the client parcels
>> ourselves, and relying on the generosity and trust of others (Chris,
>> Per, etc) to build them for us, we thus create a bit of a security
>> gap
>> over which we must take a leap of faith and trust.  Does anyone
>> have any
>> suggestions for a reasonable way to manage that security risk, to
>> shrink
>> that security gap?  A client may ask someday.
>>

> One measure that should increase our project security would be to
> enable
> SSL on our Trac and Subversion server, to reduce the risk of password
> theft

Perhaps we should also start using the boxbackup.org domain I've got
but never used and take the opportunity to get a better hosting
arrangment for the web site and things? This is not just a
fluffy.co.uk project any more.

Ben