[Box Backup] Stupid geo-redundancy tricks

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 07 Sep 2007 07:59:13 +0100

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 19:54 -0700, E.W. Peter Jalajas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been implementing geo-redundancy by rsync-ing my store server out to another server nightly.
> But, that is starting to kill my outbound bandwidth.  I'm looking now to push that feature down to
> the clients in a reasonable way, having them upload to 2 different servers.  I know there is lots
> of talk about this on the list, but I don't anybody has anything working as of now.

On Linux I just run two instances of bbackupd on the same machine using
different config files. One of them backs up onsite and another backs up
a subset of the same directories offsite (and less frequently). This
works well and provides complete redundancy. Is it not possible to do
this on Windows?

Cheers,

Martin.