[Box Backup] NotifySysadmin Function

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:48:02 +0100 (BST)

Hi Matt,

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Matt Brown wrote:

>> Which does not really tell me what file could not be read - unless in
>> this case its mysql-bin.000563 ? I have LogAllFileAccess = Yes and
>> ExtendedLogging = Yes ...
>>
>> So (not being a C++ programmer) I thought I would look at the source to
>> see if its possible to pass the filename or dir that could not be read
>> into the function call as passed which would help track the error down,
>> sadly I dont know enough about C to modify it .. is this a relevatively
>> easy thing to add/change ? Any pointers would be great :-)
>>
>> Btw I am putting together a perl script of sorts together for the
>> notify bit, I will post something when I have it working :-)
>
> Re-reading this - I thought it might sound a little ungrateful, which of
> course im not ... Box Backup is a great project and I would genuinely
> like to help out, its just a shame I never played with C :( spent most
> of my time learning PHP, bits of Perl and Python ....

Not at all, I really appreciate your feedback, it's nice to know that
people care about Box and want to make it better. I just wish I had time
to implement everyone's suggestions (and my own wish list) to make it
perfect :-)

I'm sure it's possible to pass the failed filename to the NotifyScript,
I'll find a way, give me time...