[Box Backup] bbackupquery and german umlauts

Reinhard Tartler boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:39:40 +0200

Thank you for your quick response, Ben!

Ben Summers <ben@fluffy.co.uk> writes:
>> What do I need to look after for such an upgrade?
>
> Delete the contents of the client backup data directory, specified with
> the DataDirectory directive in bbackupd.conf.

I haven't tried it yet, but is this strictly necessary? - read, do I
need to make sure in the maintainer scripts to stop running
boxbackup-client processes, parse the configuration file (which is
hopefully in /etc/boxbackup, and the user didn't decide to put it
elsewehere), in shell, and delete it?

Or will the client detect that it doesn't understand the cache and
discards it?

>> I assume I need to
>> make sure that no boxbackup-server instances are using the db.
>
> No measures need be taken on the server side.

Great! One problem less :)

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4