[Box Backup] Windows agents

Andrew Guenther boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:54:00 -0400

When I have done large backups in the past across a pair of cable
modem connections, (6M/768k) I've usually expected 1gig per 2 hours.
Obviously, after the first complete upload it is no longer a major
strain on your upload for hours on end. The box runs its differentials
maybe twice as long as veritas to tape, but without any swapped media
to forget.

As for windows clients, the worst problem I have had with them usually
is the sys admin not watching event viewer. If anyone has a funtional
NotifyAdmin script I would love to see it.

When in doubt, 2 backups are better then one.

Andrew Guenther
ACE Technology Group
610 640 4223 x2