[Box Backup] Windows agents

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:11:07 +0100 (BST)

Hi Stephen,

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:

> What's the current status of windows agents?  Last time I looked it was
> highly experimental...

I'd say they are about as stable as the Unix clients at this point, but
less tested. Several people are using them in production as far as I
know.

Please be aware of the known problems with them:

   http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/KnownBugsWin32

Box Backup is still not at version 1.0 and therefore I recommend that you
have another backup strategy as well.

Your help in testing would be greatly appreciated, as we are very close
to a new stable release, 0.11.