[Box Backup] changing port for bbackupd

Andrew Guenther boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:16:14 -0400

Andrew Guenther
ACE Technology Group
610 640 4223 x2

On Sep 27, 2007, at 6:25 AM, Jon Dye <jon@pecorous.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change which port bbackupd connects to?
>
> My problem is as follows:
>
> I have three machines, A, B and C.
> A runs bbackupd to backup to the bbstored on B.
> B runs bbackupd to backup to the bbstored on C.
>
> I can't open port 2201 on C for access from B but I can ssh to C
> from B
> and forward a local port on B to C.  So I forward port 2202 on B to
> port
> to 2201 on C.  The problem is that the bbackupd client on B can't
> connect to 2202 only 2201 and the bbstored on B is already on this
> port
> so I can't forward that port.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> JD
>
> --
> "Bunch of Flowers!"
>        - Eddie Izzard

Keep in mind that source ports and destination ports are always
different. If all bbstored daemons are listening on 2201, those same
servers when using bbackupd should pick a random high numbered port
for its outbound connection.

I think you are making more work for yourself then you need to. Have
you tried everything strait up first?

Andrew