[Box Backup] Re: changing port for bbackupd

Andrew Guenther boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 01:51:31 -0400

Andrew Guenther
ACE Technology Group
610 640 4223 x2

On Sep 28, 2007, at 5:31 AM, Jon Dye <jon@pecorous.co.uk> wrote:

> Jon Dye wrote:
>> I was wondering this morning if I could get bbstored on B to only
>> listen
>> on the network interface (eth0 192.168.*.*) and *not* on localhost
>> and
>> that might solve my problem.  Is there a way to specify the
>> interface to
>> listen on?
>
> Oh wait, I already have it listening on just the network interface, I
> must have changed that at some point since my initial tests.
>
> It works!  bbstored on B is listening on 192.168.*.*:2201 (eth0) and
> ssh
> from B to C is listening on 127.0.0.1:2201
>
> JD
>
> --
> "I wish to beef up the grief. Slave, get a message down to mourners-
> r-us."
>        - Eddie Izzard

Congratz on getting it working. Might I also suggest setting up a VPN
link between your locations for a more straitforward layout? Your
connections sound convoluted but funtional.

When I originally replied, I made the mistake of assuming everything
was on the local lan. You know what they say about assuming right? :)

Andrew