[Box Backup] Restoring old directory tree?

Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:34:11 -0400

Hi all,

I have a client that accidentally deleted a directory tree on Windows
last Friday.  Since then, newer versions of files have been created in
that deleted directory tree and backed up to the store.  The client
wants to restore the versions of the files that were in the deleted
directory tree at the time of deletion of the directory tree.

We've run
bbackupquery "restore -d -i 00004c0c restored" quit
and that seemed to restore scores of files.  The client is reviewing
them now to see what they all had in common, to see if they meet his
needs.

Can someone explain what restoring a deleted directory tree does with
respect to old, deleted and current files in that directory tree?  I'm
so fuzzy about how directories (old or deleted or even current) work
in Box Backup, that I'm not even sure I'm asking the question
properly.

Thanks!
Pete